Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Jan - Feb, 2010

With construction activities winding down, it was time to erect perimeter fencing around the farm.















Finally it was time to tear down their living quarters and move on to the next job site.















Loads of construction materials waiting to be carted away.















I watched quietly as they loaded up the last truck.. another memorable moment.















What left was the cement patch that once was their living areas. It appeared empty and lifeless now.















Their departure brought a new sense of serenity around and I watched the sunset in solitude. It was a passing phase, what marked the end of one signifies the beginning of the next.



















The new occupants were still feeding afar as it is now into the dry season, returning pretty late each evening. By now more than a dozen nests are in various stages of building - some quite well formed.















Other birds species too were busy with their nest building outside. Atop this tree was another bird nest.



















Out of my reach for a close inspection.



















Behind my flood lights are populated too.



















Took it down for a photo shot and returned them back in place. I have no reason to deny them from hatching.















Sparrows are very resourceful finding high corners to build nests too. All these are not predator birds so I would accommodate them as well.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Thanks man for share good looking Greenhouses with explanation.
Keep Sharing

Tweeter said...

Update please.

Hamid Swiftlet said...

Muat Turun Suara Burung Walit PERCUMA & Galeri Suara Burung Walit - http://swiftletcd.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Great share!! Really helps newbies who may be considering a biz in this industry. I am one of those in Johor, Malaysia looking at such possibilities. I am keen to know more from you if you can kindly share your knowledge to someone passionate in building this biz. I am looking at the near future .... retirement for my young family; 3kids (5yrs, 4yrs and 1 1/2 yrs old) and wife. I would like something that i can find more time to spend with family. Spending growing years with them instead of struggling in the Corporate world neglecting their growing years. I appreciate it if you can share your knowledge on the start to harvesting of the birdnests. Birdhouse design and requirements etc. Funding amt, gadgets needed, etc. would help in my plans to find investors to fund my setup. I am more than glad to be hands on harvesting and perfecting the process. If you want to consider starting up in Johor and need a partner share, i am more than keen. But if you are not, than your knowledge share is more than i can ask for. Thanks so much and i love keeping tab of your development thus far. TQ TQ - ("Swift" Tan)

Unknown said...

I have just finished reading all your posts from mid 2008 to now. I think you are the most courageous and innovative and I wish you all success and joy in your endeavour. And thanks for sharing.

Walet.twins said...

Folks, apology I've taken a long break from this blog.

Lueny, hope you are on your way. Do your home work well before committing.

Richard, thanks for your compliments.