Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Extending the rest house to a livable space

An event kicked me into action occurred while I was in Melbourne - received news my rented house in Thailand is to increase rent by >100%. What an opportunist? How can I swallow that! I was so adamant never to negotiate and move out asap.

The option is to move into the farm. The rest house there has a kitchen and toilet in addition to the decent size bedroom. Can't imagine to live-in without a living room. Fortunate that I had running water connected prior to dry season.













It was a hassle to start as labor is currently tight - workers were suppose to turn up but never did for all sorts of reasons. Not a big job perhaps but still many details to attend to.

Converting the out door patio into a living room - only limitation is the low head room. A 15cm layer of insulation wool in ceiling to keep heat out during the day plus ample windows to ventilate.













Back to some modeling with Google SketchUp - to visualize the garden layout. A minimalistic style is preferred. Well, this is what it will be like eventually. Enough to keep me busy in coming months.

No comments: